Sunday, February 15, 2009

In Good Company : NNC 2nd Anniversary Gathering

I joined NNC two years ago and I missed the first anniversary gathering and have regretted eversince, so it was a pact to make it for this year's gathering. Check out Nik's (the founder) yahoo group here. We're a cool bunch - All passionate about crafting! Here are some of the photos my friends took of us having a great time eating & sharing last week.





All of us with our 'HANDMADE' gifts and stash.

The Gift bags Tini assembled for us all.

Lot's of goodies from everyone!! Crafters are very generous souls!!

Group photo of us all! Notice the pressies in front from our gift exchange.

I prepacked colourful buttons for the gathering.

Don't they look yummy!

I got these from Alice and did'nt even notice the rainbow shades until I packed them.

Here's Tini demonstrating her baby 'buttercup' embroidery machine. Very impressive one!!!

My gift from Margaret. She's a wonderful cross-stitcher and I'm blessed to have two gifts from her todate. It's a beautiful pinkeep with a cute little pincushion and some seriously great stash for some great projects! The gift came with a box of green coordinated beads too.

The back of the pinkeep features a little lambikin! So cute!! Thanks Margaret!!

The spread of food everyone contributed. We sure had a great time eating too!

My contribution : The Macadamia Mango Cheese Cake : Easy Peasy to do, maybe I'll post the recipe in my next post.

Here's Nik with her Sizzix machine. We were all so amazed that it cuts both felt and paper.

Here's me demonstrating the shrinkable plastic craft. I printed individual tags for our members.

Everyone paying attention as I passed each one their individual tags for cutting.

The finished tag. They look so cute together.

Me and my prized possession!

I also made needlebooks for everyone. Look at the pile-up!

If it's not crooked - It's not from Mel's! I had fun sewing these. Perhaps a tutorial in the near future?!

3 comments:

The Heart of Paul said...

It was a fun day! thanks for demonstrating the shrinking plastic Mel!

Ciyou said...

looks fun~~ would like to join this kind of events in future

Daljeet said...

Hi there! While trolling the internet for KL crafty bloggers, I found you :) It's so great that you have a real-life community of crafters to hang out with and this event looked like a lot of fun!